The Tonks hosted a taco party
last night. The eats were good, the company was good.
Work has stagnated progress on the master bath for a week, but Saturday I put in a few hours.
The moisture barrier
has been applied to the bathroom. Edges to come.
Since the last hoppy brew
wasn't very high in IBUs, I went even greener for the lastest endeavor.
- 4oz Apollo
- 1oz Cascade
- 1oz Nugget
- 1oz Simcoe
- 1oz Warrior
About a third of this was used for finishing. I have a few ounces of Nugget, Cascade, and Simcoe for dry hopping.
- 1# Biscuit
- 1# Crystal 10
- 1# Crystal 80
- 1/2# Peated
- 2# Rye
- 6# Dried extract
Oh and a jar of Dr. Benson
's c. 1980 eastern bloc honey, labeled 'Dark'. For real. Ty
hooked it up.
1.062% on first rack.
I deactivated my fb account since the 20th is mandatory timeline day
. Involuntary changes are dumb. Plus going public and having your revenue stream be exposed as bogus just can't do good things for an already tarnished reputation of user consideration.
The deactivation process was kind of funny.
Crap, I didn't realize this would prevent my friends from keeping in touch with me. Oh well. I know pretty much all those people will miss me - says so right there. Sorry Rob
, we had a good run. Maybe if you were smiling like all the other people I might let you keep in touch with me.
Okay Facebook, you failed to get me with guilt or panic, how else can you try to keep me around?
Oh yeah. I think I saw something on Reddit about indecipherable captchas
. After over a dozen refreshes and a few failures I got it right.
Annnd last Friday Derrick
, and I saw Iron Maiden
opened. It was very good.
I mostly finished the vaulting
- Reinforced the new wall.
- Wired in the ceiling fan and light fixture.
- Put up drywall.
- Textured and painted.
The box around the ventilation pipe remains unfinished as I haven't yet turned it into a light fixture.
The subfloor around the drain had some water damage so I spent a couple afternoons scraping away the rotted layers of wood
. Most of the floor, however, did retain its tar from the original hot mop. To reinforce/smooth/protect the wood, I applied fiberglass and pool epoxy.
Next steps will be laying down the Schluter moisture barrier and leak testing everything. Then floor tile
. All the while I'll be looking into lighting and acrylic for the window.
Zac and Erin
are getting married.