+ Does not shy away from gory, mutilated undead
+ Plenty of real estate. The protagonists aren't stuck in a mall or suburb.
+ More production value than I would expect from a high cable channel.
+ Replaced the non-zombie scenes (typically groping around in the darkness being scared) with character development.
- Character development is primarily people boiling over in anger and pistol whipping and/or drawing down on someone. You'd think these people would have been the first to go
- Some tropes. E.g. 'That gun you pointed at me? You left the safety on.' or '-We can escape through the basement because this building is from the 1930s and therefore has sewer access -How do you know that piece of highly technical and useful information? -I used to work in zoning.'
- Every shot fired at a zombie from any range hits the melon. No center of mass. No misses.
- Zombies come and go based on what needs to drive the plot
, they're not a constant threat.
- Stupid characters think they're the only ones alive in the world even though they constantly run into other survivors.
- Dominion: a highly strategic card game with a staggering variety of scenarios.
- Puerto Rico: described to me, once, as being like Settlers. The similarity is only superficial, this one is less open-ended but more dynamic than Catan. The biggest difference is how every player is more significantly affected by their opponents' choices.
- Hunter on a Supersport.
- Dilbert calendar.
- State flag.
- Various prints.
- Futurama figurines.
- Cups, ping pong balls.
Still to come
Flag football rules
have been updated for season two.
Just cause I'm not drinking, doesn't mean I'm not thirsty. - D in response to the usual Never Have I Ever.
With a [motor]bike you are literally adding time to your life. - D considers how much less of his life he'd spend in traffic if he had a motorcycle, not realizing the obvious problem with his statement.
Another day another hoodie. - A on her colleague of North County's ancestry.
I don't need panties, I need liquor. - S reflects on the difficulties of long hours in the lab.
I think my contribution to this year's Super Bowl party - other than a venue
- will be the UC cheesesteak
. That's UC as in the hood, not the skool.