Storypost | 2009.03.01

Redwood stain fence pool renovation

For whatever reason I decided to do the fences this weekend. Well, I decided to start the fences. I'm maybe half done.

Fence redwood stain application

Same thing as the deck, and it matches pretty well with the red brick. For prep, I diluted the Behr finish stripper and pump-sprayered it on. Then I hit it with a brush followed by the hose. It worked pretty well but took some serious effort.

Some areas are a bit dark and will need a second coat of stain. I was getting about sixty planks (one side) out of each gallon. I estimate seven gallons for a single coat.

Many thanks to Jessica and her gymnastic painting abilities, Jessica Lee Pool House looks good next to Rob Queenin Memorial Pool and the D. Lane Juniper Stump Grove.

Stained deck renovation

The deck can now be walked on for the opposite-angle view. I need to start thinking about sweet outdoor lighting.

I've spent some time organizing the storage room. I swapped out two flourescent fixtures, one broken and the other an unnecessary 100w. The replacement fixtures illuminate such areas as the paint/chemicals alcove on 50w.


With the new lights, the storage room is less Silence of the Lambs. You should of kept the old lights yo!

man, just that little bit of tire back there is enough to get me all hot and bothered.

It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again ...

Related - internal

Some posts from this site with similar content.


Backyard work

Okay let's get started. Chris? Present. Okay, item one: paint the deck. Behr redwood semi-transparent. Two gallons coated it twice (barely) with each coat taking a couple hours.

Nevergreen terrace

R, Dan and Dave came down this past weekend. Besides the requisite Halo, Winner, surfing, and tasty food/drink, we were on a mission to clear the rocks out of the second terrace. It's difficult to describe the size of the task. But I should add that ...


Having brought in the railing to align with the support pillars, there was an extra bit of usable space around the edges of the deck. So I turned it into planters.

Related - external

Risky click advisory: these links are produced algorithmically from a crawl of the subsurface web (and some select mainstream web). I haven't personally looked at them or checked them for quality, decency, or sanity. None of these links are promoted, sponsored, or affiliated with this site. For more information, see this post.

Christian Adleta

Created 2024.06 from an index of 271,477 pages.