Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Porter Rico
. This coconut coffee porter is probably going to be a horrendous failure since it's my first brew, but I'm optimistic. Flavoring one's first beer isn't the smartest idea, but I
've never claimed to be smart
The interwebs were all over the place on flavoring technique, so I went for a subtle combination
of three ostensibly successful strategies.
- I mixed sweetened, shredded coconut and whole coffee beans with the hops that steeped for about an hour.
- I ground more into a pot of cold water which I poured into the final boil with the finishing hops.
- Still more is floating in the carboy (briefly boiled to avoid contamination).
Maybe one or two of these approaches will render the desired flavor, I doubt they will be too strong. The brew is, in fact, fermenting, so it's a good start.
If it works out, there'll be an awesome Porter Rico/Puerto Rico tasting/game night in early February.
Oh games. Oh Twilight Imperium. In a nutshell:
- The combat/unit mechanics of Axis.
- The board setup of Settlers.
- The roles system of Puerto Rico.
- A significant tech tree.
- Game changing political resolutions.
- Asymmetrical races, randomly assigned.
- Action cards, negotiations, bribery.
It's a long game, but rewarding. Way more rewarding than the last A&A:1940 match that reavled Sealion can be conducted by sending fighters from West Germany due to the new airfield rule.
A little while back Shar and Kaf
splashed around at dog beach.